It seems that Fring is the best solution for having all messenger and VoIP applications on the Nokia E72. So you might wonder what if there is a reason to install Skype’s application for Symbian S60 on the phone. The short answer: if you are using Skype for more then just chatting and calling friends you defiantly should consider installing the application.
And now for the long answer….. The Skype application for Symbian provides almost all features that Skype desktop application provides:
- Register to Skype if you don’t have user.
- Calling other Skype Users
- Chatting with other Skype Users
- Calling any phone using Skype Out (Charge Applies)
- Sending SMS Messages using Skype Network (Charge Applies, Not supported by Fring)
- Sending and Receiving files from other Skype users
- Adding users to contacts (Not supported by Fring)
- For users who are subscribed to additional Skype services, the application provides information about the subscription status, Voice mails and Call credit. (Not supported by Fring)
Unfortunately like Fring,even this application doesn’t support video calls on Nokia E72. Other then that it’s a great application.
The application can be downloaded from Skype’s mobile site http://skype.com/m